Summer of the Arts recently elected a new slate of officers and welcomed six new members to the Board of Directors for the fiscal year running from January 1 – December 31, 2019. We are pleased to announce our officers:
- President: Aimee Langlas, Travel Leaders/Destinations Unlimited
- Vice President: Abbie Restko, Glassando
- Treasurer: Angie Brown, MidWestOne Bank
- Secretary: Lisa Baum
- Past President: Jason Weeks, Hills Bank & Trust
Summer of the Arts also welcomes six new board members:
- Elena Archuleta, PRN staffing, nurse
- Leslie Finer, UI Outreach & Engagement, Arts & Humanities Director
- Pat Hobson, US Bank Iowa City Market President
- Kathy Last, UI Shared Services/President’s Office
- Chace Ramey, Iowa City Community School District
- Ofer Sivan, Oasis Falafel LLC, co-owner
“The Summer of the Arts board of directors is a working board which sets the policies for the organization and its events”, Executive Director Lisa Barnes says, “We are excited to welcome our new board members and look forward to a great year under their guidance and expertise. They will be helping us complete and implement a new strategic plan for the next three years, including the rebranding of our individual festivals as Summer of the Arts presents.”
The mission of Summer of the Arts is to build community by bringing people together in the heart of Iowa City to experience, learn about, and enjoy the arts at free summer arts and cultural programs.
Summer of the Arts produces local arts and culture events which include: Iowa Arts Festival sponsored by Veridian Credit Union, Iowa City Jazz Festival sponsored by University of Iowa Community Credit Union, Friday Night Concert Series sponsored by Toyota of Iowa City, Soul & Blues Festival sponsored by MidWestOne Bank and Free Movie Series sponsored by Urban Acres Real Estate & the University of Iowa Community Credit Union.