Power of the Purse Plus is the signature United Way of Johnson & Washington Counties’ annual fundraising event supporting 30 local partner agencies and community initiatives. While COVID-19 has increased the need for more resources to help people in our community, it has also made it impossible to hold an in-person fundraiser. So … Power of the Purse Plus 2020 is going virtual! With a nod to the need to mask up, the theme this year is Cover Up and Carry On! Thanks to the support of our lead sponsor, GreenState Credit Union, the virtual auction opens at 12 Noon on Thursday, October 22, 2020 and closes the following Thursday, October 29th at 6:55 PM. Guests can view, bid on, and have the option to “Buy Now” amazing auction items including:
- Cover Up (Quilted Items) – Beautiful quilted items are ready to help you Cover Up!
- Carry On (Purses) – New and gently used purses for you to Carry On!
- Specialty Items – Wine, themed gift baskets, and more! Indulge yourself, and/or your friends, with anything from chocolates to a good book to earrings in honor of Ruth Bader Ginsberg!
Guests can also purchase:
- To Go (Party Row) – Carry Out options are for taking the party to a location of your choosing! Parties range from supplies to make a holiday centerpiece to a Lucky Duck Dinner for Two.
- Surprise Me Gifts – Mystery gifts, valued up to $475, will all be available for only $50!
- Raffle Tickets — Five wonderful quilted items are up for raffle! Raffle tickets are priced at $10/ticket | 3 tickets for $25 | 7 tickets for $50. Drawings for each of the raffle items will be conducted during our Virtual Program—You don’t need to be present to win – but if you do win, it would be a lot of fun to be there!
- Purse with a Purpose—Make a donation to provide local women in need with a purse filled with useful items
And with each $40 event ticket guests will receive:
- The ability to bid on and/or purchase items and/or raffle tickets.
- One free entry in a Special drawing for an original Louise Rauh bowl!
- A Goody Bag (valued at $30) – including desserts, wine, face mask & $20 worth of gift certificates to local vendors!
- $10 donation to United Way of Johnson & Washington Counties.
Ticket holders will then join in for the culminating 2020 Power of the Purse Plus live event beginning at 7 PM on Thursday, October 29th with event Emcee-Anna Moyers Stone UWJWC 2020-21 Campaign Co-Chair. United Way of Johnson and Washington Counties would like to thank the sponsors of Power of the Purse Plus: GreenState Credit Union, KCRG-TV9 Show You Care, Bread Garden Market, EcoCare Supply, Louise Rauh Studio, Iowa Artisans Gallery, Textiles, & The Women of Edward Jones.
To purchase your ticket for the 2020 Power of the Purse Plus, visit UnitedWayJWC.org/Power-Purse-2020 or call the United Way of Johnson and Washington Counties office at (319)338-7823.
About United Way of Johnson & Washington Counties
Founded in 1919, United Way of Johnson & Washington Counties has just celebrated its 100th year as the go-to-place for social impact. United Way’s nonprofits, businesses, donors, and volunteers partner to continuously provide positive, measurable changes in our community. Looking for additional ways to support Johnson & Washington Counties? Visit their Volunteer Center, make an undesignated financial gift of support to United Way at UnitedWayJWC.org or call United Way of Johnson & Washington Counties at (319) 338-7823. Connect with United Way on social media at Twitter @ UWayJWC or on Facebook @UnitedWayofJohnson&WashingtonCounties.
For photos and more information, please contact: Trisha Smith, Vice President of Development & Marketing at Trisha.Smith@UnitedWayJWC.org c:(319)270-4827.