Part-Time Event Coordinator
City of Marion
Are you a natural leader who thrives on planning and facilitating big events? Do you have a knack for bringing people together? Can you visualize a way to enhance the programming currently offered in Marion? If so, we want you to join our team as Marion’s first part-time event coordinator.
– An enthusiasm for thinking big and trying new things… while keeping track of details
– Experience in event management, logistics and community organization with a desire to engage diverse audiences
– Skilled in developing relationships and creating partnerships
– Passionate about working to make a positive impact in your community
This will be a great fit for an innovative, creative, self-starter who is drawn to the idea of helping to shape their own position. Initially, the focus will be developing a long-term strategy and annual budget to support event management in Marion.
You will be responsible for working at a grassroots level to develop new programs and events for public venues in Marion such as Uptown Artway, Klopfenstein Amphitheater and city parks. The work will be complementary to events hosted by the Chamber, Uptown Marion, Marion Parks & Recreation and other organizations, and you will serve as a primary point of contact and liaison for those interested in hosting an event in Marion.
If you are skilled at creating a vision and then outlining the path to get there with strong attention to detail, we want to hear from you!
How to Apply:
Submit a resume, cover letter and completed City of Marion application to Jen Ketelsen, HR Manager at Marion City Hall. Instructions available at: www.cityofmarion.org/employmen
Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 26, 2018.
The part-time event coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing City and community events in Marion. He/she will facilitate placemaking initiatives in collaboration with Uptown Marion Main Street District, Marion Chamber, Marion Parks & Recreation and others at unique venues such as the Klopfenstein Amphitheater, Uptown Artway and other public spaces. Work involves a flexible schedule, limited supervision and the use of independent judgement in a fiscally responsible manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/WORK PERFORMED
• Develop a long-term strategy for annual event planning and management in Marion
• Create an estimated annual budget, including cost recovery, based on long-term event plan
• Develop an event guide and associated standards for hosting and producing events in Marion
• Identify funding sources to help offset costs for community events
• Work at a grassroots level with businesses, individuals and community groups to assist with the development of new programs/events that complement existing offerings and engage diverse audiences
• Create and maintain database of community events and contacts
• Participate in the negotiation of event contracts and service agreements
• Establish and oversee a community special events committee and coordinate the duties of event volunteers
• Serve as the liaison for community events not organized by the City
• Perform other duties as assigned
Find the full job description at www.cityofmarion.org/employmen
October, 26, 2018
Amber Bisinger – email@example.com